First part of the tour:
In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new trends in cuisine, culture and art. Barcelona offers the possibility to enjoy the sea as well as the mountains. Julia Travel proposes an itinerary that will allow you to enjoy the most emblematic sights the city has to offer.
We will start with a sightseeing tour from the bus that will take you up the elegant Passeig de Gràcia, where you will see the most famous Gaudi houses, casa Batlló and La casa Mila (La Pedrera) as well as other majestic buildings of the Modernism era.
We will take you to the sea where you will be able to admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the Olympic Games in 1992. You will drive by the Arc of the Trionf, Ciudadela Park, the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter, called Barceloneta, the Port Vell, Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument, indicating which way he sailed to discover the Americas. This point is also the beginning of the famous Ramblas of Barcelona. We will continue the visit driving up Montjuïc where we will make a short stop in Olympic Stadium Lluis Companys. We will continue driving up till Montjuïc Castle where you will enjoy a cable car ride with precious views of the city. The bus will pick you up at the last station and we will continue our Montjuïc visit passing by the sports facilities built for the 1992 Olympic Games: the Lluis Companys stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Olympic swimming pool Picornell until we get to the Spanish Village. We will visit this charming place where you will admire a collection of traditional buildings from all over Spain, and a demonstration of a selection of the handcrafts made in this country.
After the visit of the Spanish village, we will leave the Montjuïc behind and go back down to the city centre. During the drive back to the city centre you will be able to admire the Venetian Towers, the Montjuïc fountains, the MNAC and the CC, “Las Arenas” rebuilt over the ancient “Plaza de Toros” (bullrings).
We will arrive at the Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city centre. Our guide will take you to the Ramblas, Cathedral Square, threw the narrow street of the Gothic quarter and to plaza Sant Jaume where the City hall is located and the headquarters of the Catalonian government. Our tour finishes at the Plaza de Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Café, in the city centre at a 10 minutes walking distance from our office.
For the second part of the tour (starting point at 15.30h, check in time at Julià Travel Office Balmes 5, at 15.15h)
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí worked and lived. Gaudi, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. This Artistic Tour of Barcelona starts at the Julia Travel Office (Balmes 5), we will take you to the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Basilica, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia, to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next you will discover Gaudi's bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with a perfect integration of the architectural elements in nature.
Our tour continues to Passeig de Gràcia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings like Casa Batlló, Casa Mila “La Pedrera” and others modernist buildings. The tour ends near the Casa Batlló - Passeig de Gràcia, 43.
Note for Morning Tour:
From the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to revision tasks, this service will be replaced by a tapas tasting in Spanish Village.
The stop at Olympic Stadium will be performed whenever there is any event that prevents access to the stadium.
Note for Afternoon Tour:
From 1st of November to 31st of March we will visit the Park Güell before then Sagrada Familia.
Barcelona Full Day
Let yourself be seduced for Barcelona’s charms: its historic downtown, the magic of Gaudí, the Mediterranean nature and the views from Montjuïc
- Sagrada Família is a unique work for its high and decorated towers and its geometrical shape, a loved masterpiece by its visitors.
- The Montjuïc Cable Car takes the visitor to Parc de Montjuïc, Mirador and Castell de Montjuïc to enjoy the finest panoramic views of Barcelona.
- Poble Espanyol is an open-air Spanish architectural museum with full-scale replicas of the characteristic buildings, squares and streets of the country.
- The Barcelona Cathedral represents the beauty of the Gothic Catalan art and has a magnificent Cloister in which thirteen white geese are kept.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual official guide.
- Entrance fee to Spanish Village.
- Montjuïc cable car.
- Guided walking tour to Park Güell with entrance.
- Guided walking tour outside of Sagrada Familia.
- Guided walking tour to Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló).
- Walking Tour outside Sagrada Família (no entrance)
- Walking Tour Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà and Casa Batlló, no entrance)
- Hard Rock Cafe Lunch (if you choose the Tour Option With Lunch)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Other services not specified.
- This tour is bilingüal and will be in the selected language and a second language.
- There is approximately 1 hr 45 min time between both parts of excursions when you will have a time to get a lunch in center of Barcelona (not included).
- If you book the option including lunch at the Hard Rock Café, lunch is composed by choice of Main Course (one choice): Hard Rock Burger or Hard Rock Cheeseburger or Veggie Burger or Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich. Choice of Beverage: Soft Drink or Coffee or Tea.
- Children under 3 years old (included) are free but without meals and consumptions included.
- As the tour includes walking tours, we recommend you to use comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code may be requested for entrance to the Cathedral and Sagrada Família.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at: Balmes st nº 5, Barcelona and ends at Casa Batlló, Passeig de Gràcia, 43.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
First part of the tour: