1st Day (Fri). BILBAO
Meet and assistance at the airport, transfer to the hotel. Balance of the day at leisure. Accommodation at the hotel.
2nd Day (Sat). BILBAO (Excursion to the Basque Coast)
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart at 09:00 a.m. for a half day tour visiting Barakaldo, Sestao, Portugalete and Getxo, with its famous Bridge of Biscay. Continue to pass through the imposing Castle of Butron towards San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Bermeo and Mundaka to enjoy the beauty views of the Urdaibai Reserve of Biosphere, afterwards, continue to Guernika, visit the Assembly House.Afternoon, panoramic sightseeing tour of Bilbao and a walking tour into the old quarter visiting the most typical streets and sites. Accommodation at the hotel.
3rd Day (Sun). BILBAO (Excursion to San Sebastian & Biarritz)
After breakfast at the hotel, depart at 09:00 a.m. to Biarritz, once the most attractive area and beach of the zone, visit the old port and the Virgin on the Rock. Following the rough coastal road continue to Saint Jean De Luz, a lovely small village on the French Basque coast. Drive to Hondarribia, medieval fortress and typical fishermen village. Afterwards, transfer on a boat from Hendaya to Hondarribia across the Txingudi (natural reserve) bay.
In the afternoon arrive to San Sebastian, the most beautiful city in the Basque Country, panoramic city sightseeing with magnificent views from “Monte Igueldo” and a walking tour into the historical quarter. Free time for you to enjoy the most attractive places. Return directly to arrive to Bilbao in the evening. Accommodation at the hotel.
4th Day (Mon). BILBAO (Excursion to Vitoria & La Rioja Alavesa)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure at 09.00a.m. for a full day excursion to the capital city of the Basque Country, Vitoria, and to the La Rioja Alavesa well known for its wine area. Drive southward to Vitoria for a panoramic tour of the city and a short walking tour into the centre. Vitoria-Gasteiz, city rich in heritage. its very well preserved medieval Old Town, declared Monumental Complex, its gothic design and its narrow streets, as well as important medieval and Renaissance buildings.
Afterwards, continue towards the wine region of La Rioja Alavesa to the medieval, charming and monumental village of Laguardia, full of history with ancient walls and magnificent wineries. Walking tour and visit a traditional Rioja winery with tasting of wines.
By mid-afternoon, on the way back to Bilbao, pass through Elciego to contemplate the magnificent architectural work of Frank Gehry at the “Marques de Riscal” Winery. Accommodation at the hotel.
5th Day (Tue). BILBAO (excursión to Sanctuary of Loyola-Getaria-San Sebastian)
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart at 09:00 a.m. drive eastward to the province of Gipuzkoa, pass Eibar, Elgoibar, Azkoitia, reach the Sanctuary of Loyola. Visit the shrine of harmonious proportions, built in XVII/XVIII C. Continue via Azpeitia, to the coast by Zumaia, reach Getaria, birthplace of Juan Sebastian Elcano with its arch Catrapona, Parish Church of San Salvador (XV C.), a Gothic gem, fishing port and village. Afterwards, continue passing by Zarautz, tourist reference since the XIX C. Its 2500 meters long magnificent beach, the longest of Gipuzkoa, and the old town with its picturesque streets of cosmopolitan ambiance. Later, arrive to San Sebastian for a panoramic City Tour. Time free for independent lunch. Walking tour into the historic old city and return back to Bilbao. Accommodation at the hotel.
6th Day (Wed). BILBAO (excursión to Elorrio-Oñati-Sanctuary of Arantzazu)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure at 09.00 a.m. for half day tour into the most traditional inner Basque Country. Drive towards the area of Durango, capital of the region, medieval structure and beginning of the Gorbea Natural Park that still keeps flock of sheep and traditional manufacture of cheese as one of its activities. Urkiola natural park, Wuthering heights, splendid forests and legends of witches. Enter the valley of Durango- Atxondo, stop in Elorrio, characterized by its palaces and manor houses of stone and carved stonework. Then, arrive to Oñati, the most elegant and monumental village of the province of Gipuzkoa, with the oldest University of the Basque Country. Then, head up a road between the cliffs to reach the most important sanctuary of Gipuzkoa, the Shrine of Our Lady of Arantzazu, a compendium of the best contemporary Basque art, by the Franciscan order. Visit and contemplate the building and magnificent views. Return at 14.00h. to Bilbao. Balance of the day at leisure. Accommodation at the hotel.
7th Day (Thu). BILBAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport. End of our services.
Bilbao and surroundings 7 days tour
Discover the beautiful city of Bilbao and its surroundings with this complete tour of 7 days duration
- Cliffs, beaches, inland woods, rivers, marshes and river meadows make the Biosphere Reserve of Urdaibai.
- Bilbao's Casco Viejo is ideal to go for a walk and discover the city’s more than 700 years of history. La Bolsa, el Palacio Arana and Casa Mazarredo are located in this neighbourhood’s seven streets.
- La Concha beach is one of the most emblematic postcards of San Sebastián. Its maritime promenade is perfect for relaxing and breathe marine breeze.
- Arrival & Departure transfers from/to airport
- Regular tours with transport and guide during tours shown in the itinerary
- Accommodation on board and class hotel selected.
- Any other service not specified.
- Languages available: Spanish and English. The tour can be operated in both languages simultaneously.
- Accommodation classes are as follows:
- Tourist Class (3 stars): Abba Parque Hotel or similar
- First Class (4 stars): Hotel Barceló Bilbao Nervión, NH Villa Bilbao or Hesperia Bilbao or Holiday Inn Bilbao or similar
- Transport companies allow only one suitcase per person.
- This circuit only runs with a minimum of 2 persons per departure, in case that this minimum has not been reached, an alternative date or cancel option without penalties will be offered.
- Print your voucher and give it to the airport's representative to take the transfer to the hotel.
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your tour and pick up time: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am to 6.00 pm at 0034 91 758 06 42 // Saturday & Sunday from 08.00 am to 6.00 pm at 00 34 91 559 96 05. By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 10% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled between 15 and 11 days prior to travel, 25% betwen 10 and 3 days and 50% if cancelled 48 hours prior to travel. 100% cancellation penalty willn apply in case of no-show
1st Day (Fri). BILBAO