1st Day (Wed.) MADRID – ZARAGOZA – SAN SEBASTIAN
Departure from JULIÁ TRAVEL bus terminal, located in the underground parking of the Plaza de Oriente at 08:30 a.m. Towards Zaragoza. Free time to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of The Pilar, patroness of Hispanity and stroll through the old streets of Zaragoza. In the afternoon we will continue to San Sebastian, it’s one of the most famous tourist destinations where they hold the International Film Festival. Panoramic city tour of this marvel style bourgeois city, seeing the extraordinary landscape dominated by the bay and the magnificent La Concha beach. Accommodation.
2nd Day (Thu.) SAN SEBASTIAN – LA RIOJA ALAVESA – VITORIA
Breakfast at the hotel. 09:00 hrs. drive towards Vitoria via Lasarte, Andoain, Villabona and Tolosa, where in its historical center are conserved public buildings of the XVI and XVII C. Then, we will arrive at Ordizia. Short stop, with its old historical center and nucleus of the town declared Joint Monumental-Historic. Afterwards, we will go to Oñati, Guipúzcoa’s most noble village for its artistic grandeur, and we will go up to the most important Sanctuary of Guipúzcoa, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Aránzazu, in charge of the Franciscan Order. Continuation to the Rioja Alavesa to arrive at Laguardia, famous town for its historical monumental set and mainly for its cellars. Guided walking tour. In the afternoon, departure to Vitoria. Panoramic tour for its main attractions. Accommodation.
3rd Day (Fri.) VITORIA – BILBAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Salinas de Añana, one of the most surprising corners of the Basque Country. Here, we will enjoy an interesting guided tour to learn the history, architecture, archelogy and biodiversity of the salt. We follow the route to Orduña, ancient customs, and start a guided visit to this historical village. We continue the route through the Valley of Ayala to arrive in Balmaseda in order to make a walking tour. Free time for lunch and afterwards, we follow the route through the mining area of Bizkaia to reach the coast; Santurtzi and Portugalete. From here we cross the Transporter Bridge Bizkaia (world heritage by UNESCO) to reach Getxo and then finish back in Bilbao. There, we start a sightseeing including the ascend to the Artxanda Mountain and continue with a walking tour around the Old Quarter. We have included as well the entrance to the Guggenheim Museum with its permanent collection and temporary exhibitions; we will be able to visit freely (guide is not included just the entrance fee). Accommodation.
4th Day (Sat.) BILBAO – LOYOLA SANCTUARY – GETARIA – ZARAUZ – BILBAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive through the green and mountainous typical Basque landscape to the province of Gipuzkoa, pass Eibar, Elgoibar, Azkoitia, and reach the Sanctuary of Loyola. Visit the shrine of harmonious proportions, built in XVII & XVIII C. Continue via Azpeitia, to the coast by Zumaia, reach Getaria, birthplace of Juan Sebastian Elcano with its arch Catrapona, Parish Church of San Salvador (XV C.), a Gothic gem, fishing port and village. Afterwards, continue passing by Zarautz, tourist reference since the XIX C. Its 2500 meters long magnificent beach, the longest of Gipuzkoa, and the old town with its picturesque streets of cosmopolitan ambiance. Later, arrive to San Sebastian. Walking tour into the historic old city and port, Dominican Convent (XVI C.), the Basilica of Santa Maria de Coro (XVIII C.) and the Constitution Square. Return to Bilbao. Accommodation.
5th Day (Sun.) BILBAO – MADRID (Train)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure. In the afternoon, transfer to rail station to depart by train to Madrid (please expect a later arrival in Madrid). END OF OUR SERVICES
A tour that runs through the Basque Country through its three provinces. visiting wineries, sanctuaries, cities of important cultural life and small traditional villages. A mix of landscapes of green mountains and the coast of the Cantabrian Sea
- Visit the most important cities of the Basque Country and cultural center of the north. Including the Guggenheim Museum.
- Get to know La Rioja Alavesa where excellent quality wines are produced in villages of charm.
- Tour along the green Cantabrian coast. Typical villages and the majestic Sanctuary of Loyola.
- Capture the captivating Basque gastronomy and the elegance of San Sebastián, capital of Guipuzcoa.
- Guided visits and panoramic city sightseeing tours as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for free visit (no guide included) to the Guggenheim Museum.
- Tour escort during the tour.
- Air conditioned deluxe motor-coach.
- Train Bilbao-Madrid (tourist class).
- Accommodation at selected class.
- Daily breakfast.
- Departure transfer to Bilbao station.
- Other services not specified
- This tour can be operated in English and Spanish
- San Sebastian: Palacio Aiete or similar
- Vitoria: Silken Ciudad Vitoria / Sercotel Boulevard Vitoria or similar
- Bilbao: Occidental Bilbao / Barcelo Nervión / NH Collection Ría de Bilbao / Sercotel Gran Bilbao or similar.
- During your stay in Bilbao and train journey to Madrid tour escort service will not be available
- The excursion to Sanctuary Loyola-Getaria-Zarauz (day 4th) will be made by regular tour.
- This tour might be a combination of different programs. If applies there might be a change in the tour escort and passengers between the programs.
- Cancellation policy:
- 5% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 15 and 10 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 15% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 9 and 3 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 25% penalty if cancellation takes place in the 48 hours before the departure of the circuit.
- 100% penalty if cancellation takes place less than 48 hours before the departure of the circuit or in case of No-Show.
- Minimum 2 people per departure is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Print your voucher and check in between 8.00 am and 8.15 am at Plaza de Oriente coach parking level -2.
- Contact number:
- From Monday to Friday from 09.00h to 18.00h at: 0034 91 758 06 42
- Saturday and Sunday from 08.00h to 18.00h at: 00 34 91 559 96 05
1st Day (Wed.) MADRID – ZARAGOZA – SAN SEBASTIAN