1st Day (Wed). MADRID – TRUJILLO – LISBON
Departure from JULIÁ TRAVEL bus terminal, located in the underground parking of the Plaza de Oriente at 08:30 a.m. Drive westbound towards the region of Extremadura, a relaxing drive to Trujillo, hometown of many discoverers of the new world. Time free to explore its beautiful and monumental Plaza Mayor. Continue on through Portuguese soil along the Alentejo plains via historic sites as Elvas, Estremoz and Setubal. Arrive over the impressive bridge 25th April to Lisbon, capital city of Portugal. Accommodation at the hotel. Optional night tour to attend a show of Fado, typical Portuguese song and music.
2nd Day (Thu). LISBON
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning sightseeing tour of the ancient Olissipo, drive through its main squares and avenues, Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery, Coach Museum, Monument to the Discoverers, Marquis of Pombal Square, Liberty Avenue. Afternoon at leisure for you to catch the nostalgic corners of Alfama Quarter, the old city gathered next to its Castle, with old buildings nested in narrow twisting “Ruas” full of colour housing the genuine “tabernas” where Fado sounds as a missing past. Accommodation at the hotel.
3rd Day (Fri). LISBON–OBIDOS–ALCOBAÇA–NAZARE – BATALHA - FATIMA
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive northland, arrive to our first point of interest: the beautiful walled town of Óbidos with its picturesque streets and the Pousada do Castelo. Continue to Alcobaça visit a 12th century church containing the tombs of Pablo and Inês de Castro, followed by a visit to the picturesque and fishing village of Nazaré. Weather permitting, continue to the Sitio to have a panoramic view of the beach and the village. Afternoon visit the Batalha Monastery, a masterpiece of Gothic and Manueline style considered a World Heritage place by UNESCO. Continue to Fátima. Accommodation at the hotel.
4th Day (Sat). FATIMA – LISBON
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at your leisure for activities of personal nature in Fátima, center of Christian faith and World Pilgrims Sanctuary with its impressive Basilica and Cova da Iria where Virgin Mary appeared. The church where the tombstones of Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco are. The Chapel of Apparitions, heart of the shrine. At the end of the day returns to Lisbon through the colorful farming region. Accommodation at the hotel.
5th Day (Sun). LISBON – CACERES – CORDOBA
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure at 07:30 hrs to Caceres considered as World Heritage place because of the city's blend of Roman, Islamic, Northern Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. Walk through its Plaza Mayor and the Old Town with its famous Medieval Quarter. Afterwards, continue on towards Cordoba, once the capital of the Caliphate. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel.
6th Day (Mon). CORDOBA – SEVILLE
Breakfast at the hotel. Impressive tour of its Mosque and other sites that will ease our mind and spirit strolling through its narrow winding streets of the Jewish Quarter. In the afternoon, after a short two hours ride reach Sevilla. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel.
7th Day (Tue). SEVILLE
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning Monumental and Panoramic city tour – the Cathedral (from outside), the second largest in the Catholic world after St. Peters in Rome. The Santa Cruz Quarter, a natural scenario of “Carmen” as well as a precisely where the myth of “Don Juan” developed. - The Maria Luisa Park and Spain square. Afternoon at leisure for you to discover exclusive views, specific flavours of this active full of light city. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel. Optional Flamenco tour.
8th Day (Wed). SEVILLE – GRANADA
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive east through the Caliphate road to the heart of Andalucia observing an endless number of olive trees on the way to Granada and its incredible and amazing monumental environment, last stronghold of the Moorish Kingdoms up to 1492. Visit the world famous Alhambra. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel. Optional Gipsy Flamenco show at Sacromonte quarter.
9th Day (Thu). GRANADA – VALENCIA
After breakfast at the hotel start driving looking for the Mediterranean coast. Via Murcia, capital of the fertile garden of the Segura river, continue north via Alicante, the second largest city within the autonomous region land of Valencia. Reach Valencia one of the main capitals of the Mediterranean coast with its modern Arts and Sciences Architectural Complex integrated by six elements: Hemispheric, Umbracle, Science Museum, Oceanographic, Palau de les Arts and Ágora. Valencia is also the home of the internationally well renowned and delicious “Paella”, Accommodation at the hotel.
10th Day (Fri). VALENCIA – BARCELONA
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning city tour of this bright city including a drive through the old city showing the most prominent buildings, we will then be driven past the old riverbed of the Turia to the most avant-garde complex “Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias” to watch the emblematic exteriors of the six buildings. Early afternoon departure northward all along the Mediterranean coast to Catalunya, via Tarragona, the Roman Tarraco. Reach Barcelona principal Mediterranean city homeland of the famous architect Gaudí symbol of the Catalonian modernism. Accommodation at the hotel.
11th Day (Fri). BARCELONA
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning city tour of Barcelona well known world wide for the Olympic Games during 1992, drive along the main avenues with impressive modernist buildings by Gaudí such as La Pedrera, Casa Milá, etc. - declared World Heritage buildings. - The Montjuich Park with spectacular views of the city and harbour, Olympic Ring, monument to Columbus and the emblematic Gothic Quarter, heart of the old city and its historical centre. Afternoon is for you to keep on discovering this city full attractive offers as well as exquisite and varied gastronomy. Accommodation at the hotel.
12th Day (Sun). BARCELONA – ZARAGOZA – MADRID
After breakfast at the hotel departure southwest along an industrial and agricultural area with certain relevance within Europe. Arrive to Zaragoza, capital city of Aragón, within the banks of Ebro river the most copious within the Iberian Peninsula. Zaragoza, known as Cesar Augusta during the Roman period had an important role in Spanish history. Some time free to see the impressive Baroque architecture of the Basilic-Temple of Our Lady Pilar. Continue to Madrid. End of our services.
Portugal, Andalucia and the Mediterranean Capitals from Madrid
A unique tour to discover the colours of Lisbon, to admire Andalucia’s art and history and to be near the Mediterranean in Valencia and Barcelona
- The Alfama district, located at the foot of the Castle of São Jorge, shows the nature of the old fishermen’s neighbourhood. Its picturesque tiny streets are wonderful to get lost in and to discover the charm of the city.
- The Sanctuary of Fatima, built in the 20th century after the apparitions of the Virgin, is the destination of an inner journey of Christian faith. It is one of the main Marian shrines of the world.
- The narrow and labyrinthine streets of Barrio Gótico are the cultural heritage of the Roman and Medieval history of Barcelona.
- Guided visits indicated in the itinerary as well as plus Lisbon, Cordoba, Seville, Granada (Alhambra), Valencia & Barcelona.
- Tour escort during the tour.
- Air conditioned deluxe motor-coach.
- Accommodation at selected class.
- Daily Breakfast and 4 dinners.
- Any other service not specified
Accommodation classes are as follows:
- Tourist class:
- Lisbon: Lutecia or similar
- Fatima: Sao Jose or similar
- Cordoba: Tryp Cordoba or similar
- Seville: Catalonia Santa Justa or similar
- Granada: Los Angeles or similar
- Valencia: Ilunion Aqua 3 or similar
- Barcelona: Catalonia Barcelona 505 or similar
- First class:
- Lisbon: Lutecia or similar
- Fatima: Santa Maria or similar
- Cordoba: Hesperia Cordoba or similar
- Seville: Melia Lebreros or similar
- Granada: Melia Granada or similar
- Valencia: Tryp Valencia Oceanic or similar
- Barcelona: Barcelona Plaza or similar
- Barcelona & Lisbon Local City Taxesare not included, to be paid directly to the hotels.
- This tour can be operated in English, Spanish and French
- Tour combined with other tours, all participants may not have the same destination.
- Depending on the section of the tour, a different tour escord may be used
- No tour escort service will be provided during the stay in Lisbon
- The visit to Lisbon will be conducted as a regular tour.
- Print your voucher and check in between 8.00 am and 8.15 am at Plaza de Oriente coach parking level -2.
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your tour and pick up time:
- Monday to Friday from 09.00 am to 6.00 pm at 0034 91 758 06 42
- Saturday & Sunday from 08.00 am to 6.00 pm at 00 34 91 559 96 05
- by email at email@example.com
- Cancellation policy:
1st Day (Wed). MADRID – TRUJILLO – LISBON