Go back in time with the magic of Toledo. Discover in detail the essence of this medieval city and the three cultures that lived together in there
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture. Its north gate reminds of Pari’s Notre Dame and Puerta de los Leones is rich in Hispano-Flemish sculptures.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- El Puente de San Martín is a medieval bridge over the Tagus River. Is one of the city’s most characteristic postcards for its two fortified towers.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual official guide.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca.
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo.
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Optional lunch available (for more information check Itinerary section).
- This tour is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Children under 6 years old are free. Lunch and consumptions not included.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”!
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
Itinerary: This full-day excursion has the same itinerary as the half-day tour but in a more detailed way. Outside view of the Cathedral; Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; Synagogue of Sta. María la Blanca; Museum of Victorio Macho; Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes; famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
It also includes the inside tour of the Cathedral. Its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.) The visit continues with the Mosque of Cristo de La Luz.
There is 3 lunch different options for this tour:
- without Lunch.
- with Tourist Lunch: vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fried potatoes & vanilla ice cream with fruit salad (drinks are not included)
- with Typical Lunch: appetizers and castilian tapas, roasted lamb with vegetables & truffle cake with ice cream. Wine, mineral water and coffee.
- Vegetarian Menu is available on-request.