1st Day (Wed.) BARCELONA – ZARAGOZA (train) – SAN SEBASTIAN
Call on Barcelona “Sants” train station to depart by AVE, high speed train to Zaragoza. Meet assistance. Transfer to the city center to join the tour. In the afternoon, we will continue to San Sebastian, it’s one of the most famous tourist destinations where they hold the International Film Festival. Panoramic city tour of this marvel style bourgeois city, seeing the extraordinary landscape dominated by the bay and the magnificent La Concha beach. Accommodation at the hotel
2nd Day (Thu.) SAN SEBASTIAN – LA RIOJA ALAVESA - VITORIA
Breakfast at the hotel. 09:00 hrs. drive towards Vitoria via Lasarte, Andoain, Villabona and Tolosa, where in its historical center are conserved public buildings of the XVI and XVII C. Then, we will arrive at Ordizia. Short stop, with its old historical center and nucleus of the town declared Joint Monumental-Historic. Afterwards, we will go to Oñati, Guipúzcoa's most noble village for its artistic grandeur, and we will go up to the most important Sanctuary of Guipúzcoa, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Aránzazu, in charge of the Franciscan Order. Continuation to the Rioja Alavesa to arrive at Laguardia, famous town for its historical monumental set and mainly for its cellars. Guided walking tour. In the afternoon, departure to Vitoria. Panoramic tour for its main attractions. Accommodation.
3rd Day (Fri.) VITORIA – BILBAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Salinas de Añana, one of the most surprising corners of the Basque Country. Here, we will enjoy an interesting guided tour to learn the history, architecture, archelogy and biodiversity of the salt. We follow the route to Orduña, ancient customs, and start a guided visit to this historical village. We continue the route through the Valley of Ayala to arrive in Balmaseda in order to make a walking tour. Free time for lunch and afterwards, we follow the route through the mining area of Bizkaia to reach the coast; Santurtzi and Portugalete. From here we cross the Transporter Bridge Bizkaia (world heritage by UNESCO) to reach Getxo and then finish back in Bilbao. There, we start a sightseeing including the ascend to the Artxanda Mountain and continue with a walking tour around the Old Quarter. We have included as well the entrance to the Guggenheim Museum with its permanent collection and temporary exhibitions; we will be able to visit freely (guide is not included just the entrance fee). Accommodation.
4th Day (Sat.) BILBAO – LOYOLA SANCTUARY – GETARIA – ZARAUZ - BILBAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive through the green and mountainous typical Basque landscape to the province of Gipuzkoa, pass Eibar, Elgoibar, Azkoitia, and reach the Sanctuary of Loyola. Visit the shrine of harmonious proportions, built in XVII & XVIII C. Continue via Azpeitia, to the coast by Zumaia, reach Getaria, birthplace of Juan Sebastian Elcano with its arch Catrapona, Parish Church of San Salvador (XV C.), a Gothic gem, fishing port and village. Afterwards, continue passing by Zarautz, tourist reference since the XIX C. Its 2500 meters long magnificent beach, the longest of Gipuzkoa, and the old town with its picturesque streets of cosmopolitan ambiance. Later, arrive to San Sebastian. Walking tour into the historic old city and port, Dominican Convent (XVI C.), the Basilica of Santa Maria de Coro (XVIII C.) and the Constitution Square. Return to Bilbao. Accommodation.
5th Day (Sun.) BILBAO – MADRID (train)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning free and in the afternoon, transfer to rail station to depart by train to Madrid (please expect a later arrival in Madrid). Arrival and END OF OUR SERVICE.
Basque Country 5 day tour (Bus Train)
Beautiful itinerary through the magnificent scenery of the green north of Spain. Through the important city of Zaragoza and its well known Pilar church. You get to the interesting north. A country to discover the varied gastronomy and forested mountains with cities of great cultural life. Ends in Madrid after a brief visit to the University city of Salamanca
- Visit the spectacular Basque cities of San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Cross the beautiful fishing villages and mountains of green Spain.
- Visit the capital of Basque country and the beautiful towns that surround it.
- Guided visits and panoramic city sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Entrance fee for free visit (no guide included) to the Guggenheim Museum
- Tour escort during the tour
- Air conditioned deluxe motor-coach
- train ticket Barcelona-Zaragoza and Bilbao-Madrid (tourist class)
- Accommodation and daily breakfast
- Transfer from/to rail station.
- Travel insurance.
- Any other service not specified.
- Due to the insurance included on this tour, all bookings must include for each passenger, without exception, the following data at the moment of reservation: Name / Surname / Passport / ID / Nationality / Age / Sex. Reservations cannot be formalized without providing all the required information.
- San Sebastian: Palacio Aiete or similar
- Vitoria: Silken Ciudad Vitoria / Sercotel Boulevard Vitoria or similar
- Bilbao: Occidental Bilbao / Barcelo Nervión / NH Collection Ría de Bilbao / Sercotel Gran Bilbao or similar
- Minimum 2 people per departure is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- During the stay in Bilbao and on the train journeys indicated tour escort service is not available.
- This tour might be a combination of different programs. If applies there might be a change in the tour escort and passengers between the programs.
- Cancellation policy:
- Departure point: Barcelona Sants station.
- Print your train tickets, look for the AVE High Speed train platforms and board the train on your own.
- Print two copies of your voucher, the first copy is for your arrival in Zaragoza train station and the second copy is your confirmation for the remaining services.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance to reconfirm your tour ticket trains and departure time:
- Monday to Friday from 09.00 am to 6.00 pm at 0034 91 758 06 42
- Saturday & Sunday from 08.00 am to 6.00 pm at 00 34 91 559 96 05
1st Day (Wed.) BARCELONA – ZARAGOZA (train) – SAN SEBASTIAN