Day 1, Sunday – Barcelona
Meet & greet at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Dinner is at leisure. Your tour director will suggest a local restaurant close by the hotel.
Day 2, Monday – Barcelona
Stroll Barcelona´s Gothic quarters’ cobble streets with a local expert.
Meet with a local chef at the market to discover the secrets of Spanish ingredients. Stop by the kitchen to leave the ingredients, which you´ll use to cook your own dinner this evening. Welcome dinner will be served after the cooking master class. (BD)
Day 3, Tuesday – Barcelona, choose your experience
A day to discover Catalan local producers. Explore the flavours of Catalan cuisine through wine cellars, artisan food producers, fishermen and renowned local chefs. Rest o fthe day is at leisure back in Barcelona. (BL)
Day 4, Wednesday – Rioja, via Zaragoza
We depart today bound for Rioja, capital of Spain wine making. Stop in Zaragoza and visit Ancient Roman ruins, the first Marian church in Christendom, and fabulous art Museums. Continue to Rioja. Enjoy a degustation dinner at your hotel with pairing wines. (BD)
Day 5, Thursday – Rioja
Today we discover the wine region of Rioja. Visit one of the most beautiful towns of Rioja, La Guardia, where we´ll stop to taste a traditional pintxo. Continue to Bodegas Bilbainas, a centennial Winery with historical buildings and boasting 3,000m of underground cellars. Taste their varieties followed by a BBQ lunch amongst their vineyards, a unique experience you´ll enjoy with your fellow travellers. In the afternoon, we´ll visit one of Rioja´s wine Temples, Marques de Riscal. A private visit of their land and installations will certainly impress. (BL)
Day 6, Friday – Pamplona
Visit the old town of Pamplona on a historical walk. Stroll through Saint James Way, San Fermines’ paths and finish at a traditional market for a cheese and pacharan tasting experience. We suggest a Pintxos lunch amongst the locals. Dinner will be at leisure back at hotel´s town. (B)
Day 7, Saturday – Bilbao, via San Sebastian
We discover today one of the most elegant European cities, San Sebastian. Stroll the old town of Donisti, San Sebastian in Bask, and Playa de la Concha. Discover and taste the sophisticated Pintxos in Casco Antiguo. Once in Bilbao, we suggest a visit to the Guggenheim. (BL)
Day 8, Sunday – Picos de Europa, via Plentzia Bay & Castro Urdiales
Visit first underwater winery in the world with over 8 year’s research in underwater wines. The results at Bahia Plentzia are limited-edition underwater wines of extraordinary quality. Take a boat trip to discover where the winery is located while tasting their wines. Stop in the old fishermen village of Castro Urdiales for a slow pace walk. Dinner will be at Parador Cangas de Onis, your accommodation for the next 2 nights. (BD)
Day 9, Monday – Picos de Europa, via Covadonga & Rivadesella
Visit Monasterio de Covadonga, where history, spirituality and nature become a universal symbol. After some quality time at leisure, continue to Ribadesella. The route consists of six ceramic murals, in blue and cuttlefish, which will tell the viewer the story of Ribadesella from Prehistory to the present day. Dinner will be served at your Parador this evening. (BD)
Day 10, Tuesday – Santiago de Compostrela, via Ribadeo
We farewel Picos de Europa and continue through the Northern Spanish coast. Stop in Ribadeo and visit the impressive Playa de las Catedrales and the Porcillán's marina. Arrive to Parador de Santiago, our home for the next 2 nights. Enjoy a welcome dinner at the Parador. (BD)
Day 11, Wednesday – Santiago de Compostela
Today some 300,000 Camino pilgrims venture here each year, giving Santiago a greater international dimension than ever. Yet this is also the capital of the Spanish autonomous region of Galicia, with a strong local character – a place where the skirl of bagpipes wafts across plazas and the countless restaurants and bars specialise in fine Galician seafood and local wines. Dinner at Parador after an afternoon at leisure. (BD)
Day 12, Thursday – Porto, via Vigo
We farewell Santiago bound for Porto in Portugal. Stop in Vigo and visit Castro Fortress. Lunch will be at a local restaurant to taste Galician outstanding seafood. Arrive in Porto in the late afternoon. (BL)
Day 13, Friday – Porto
Visit the heritage town of Porto, best European destination in 2017. Set by the Douro River and with an old tradition in wine making, Porto has dramatic landscapes which made it World Heritage by the UNESCO in 2001. Discover the town and take a cruise along the Douro. Stop by the hill vineyards and enjoy Port wine tasting. Afternoon is at leisure for you to enjoy its cobble streets. (B)
Day 14, Saturday – Lisboa, via Tomar
Bound Portuguese capital, Lisbon, we will stop at Tomar. Founded by the Knights Templar in the 12th century and UNESCO sight, we will visit its Aqueduct, Castello and Old Town. Continue to Lisbon, European door to the Atlantic Ocean. Attitude, dramatic architecture, great cuisine and cobble streets full of action, Lisbon is without a doubt, one the most exciting destinations in the World. Enjoy a walking tour along Avenida Liberdade. Farewel dinner will be served at local restaurant. (BD)
Day 15, Sunday – Depart Lisboa
After a beautiful experience traveling the Iberian Landscapes, we farewell Lisbon and our fellow travellers. Take a transfer to the airport.
Sense the Iberian Landscapes - Sense the North
Visit a traditional market for a cheese and pacharan tasting experience in Pamplona, stroll Playa de la Concha in San Sebastian, visit the first underwater winery in the world at Plentzia Bay, discover northern seaport towns such Castro Urdiales, Ribadesella, Ribadeo & Vigo and much more
- Small Groups with a maximum of 18 participants.
- Explore the flavours of Catalan cuisine.
- Stroll Playa de la Concha in San Sebastian
- Private Douro River cruise with Porto Wine tasting at wine cellers
- Discover northern seaport towns such Castro Urdiales, Ribadesella, Ribadeo & Vigo
- Rioja wine tasting at legend wineries such Marques de Riscal
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Accommodation as advised in previous section “Accommodation”
- Porterage service in all hotels
- Meals as per itinerary (drinks not included)
- City tours and experiences with local guides as per itinerary
- All entrance fees included as per itinerary
- English speaking tour director throughout the journey
- Luxury mini coach throughout the journey
- Travel insurance
- Any other service not specified.
- Due to the insurance included on this tour, all bookings must include for each passenger, without exception, the following data at the moment of reservation: Name / Surname / Passport / ID / Nationality. Reservations cannot be formalized without providing all the required information.
- Please note that 1 regular suitcase and 1 handbag per person is allowed
- Any extra luggage is likely to be charged
- Luggage handling is responsability of the customer
- Accommodation in Superior Plus A Class:
- Barcelona – Catalonia Ramblas or similar x 3 night stay
- Rioja – Palacio Tondon or similar x 3 night stay
- Bilbao – Barcelo Bilbao x 1 night
- Picos de Europa – Parador Cangas de Onis x 2 night stay
- Santiago – Parador Santiago x 2 night stay
- Oporto – Bessa Porto x 2 night stay
- Lisboa – Bessa Liberdade x 1 night stay
- Cancellation policy:
- 15% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 21 and 10 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 25% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 9 and 5 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 100% penalty if cancellation takes place less than 4 days before the departure of the circuit or in case of No-Show.
- Meet and greet at the airport
- Please provide flight details at least 7 days prior departure
Day 1, Sunday – Barcelona