Take your camera or smartphone and join our walking tours and motor coach tours to remember Madrid in a different way!
Start the tour from Julia Travel office where we take our coach and head to the Plaza de Oriente, then we will arrive at the Debod Temple of must where we will stop for a walk and taking some pictures accompanied by our guide.
After this visit we will return to our coach to head towards the Plaza Mayor where we make a new stop and we will be able to visit la Plaza de Villa and Puerta del Sol We will return to the coach to continue our visit Carrera de San Jerónimo Street, Las Cortes (Spanish Parliament), Neptuno’s Square (Famous artistic fountain), Paseo Del Prado (Walk of Art: Thyssen, Prado & Reina Sofía Museums), Atocha Railway Station, Royal Botanic Gardens of Madrid, Cibeles Square (Famous artistic fountain), Alcalá Street, Alcalá’s Gate, Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas (Bullring) where we will make our last stop, To conclude we will return to the coach and end up seeing Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (Home of Real Madrid CF), Paseo de la Castellana Street, Plaza de Colón (Columbus Square), National Library, Gran Vía Street, Plaza de España, Plaza de Oriente (end of the tour).
We will make convenient stops to rest and take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring, if the weather permits and always accompanied by our guide.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, oficial acts and public works).
Prado Museum Guided Tour:
The building that today houses the Prado national museum was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785. It was constructed to house the Natural History Cabinet, by orders of King Charles III.
However, the building's final purpose - as the new Royal Museum of Paintings and Sculptures - was the decision of the monarch's grandson, King Ferdinand VII, encouraged by his wife Queen Maria Isabel de Braganza. The Prado national museum, opened to the public for the first time in November 1819.
The Museum's first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although at that time its collection comprised just over 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences). The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum's compilation as we know it today, increased significantly in the 16th century during the time of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs.
It is thanks to them that we can contemplate in the Museum masterpieces such as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Las Meninas by Velázquez and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
The visit will take place in chronological order,
- Starting with the exhibit hall where we will find J. Bosch’ masterpieces (El Bosco) (1450-1516): The Table of the 7 Deadly Sins, The Hay Wain, The temptations of San Antonio, The Stone of Madness and The Garden of Delights.
- We will then move on to the rooms dedicated to El Greco (1540-1614): The gentleman's hand on his chest, The Trinity, Christ embraced the cross and The Annunciation;
- Velázquez (1599-1660): The Worship, Drunkards, Equestrian Portraits, the Forge of Vulcan, The Christ, The spinners, Spears and Las Meninas;
- We will end with Goya (1746-1828): The family of Carlos IV Pictures, The Shootings of May 2, Pestles and Black Paintings.
Madrid Highlights Tour and "Skip the Line" Prado Museum Guided Tour
Explore the indispensable Madrid in an itinerary through its most emblematic streets. Admire the most renowned paintings and works at El Prado.
- Plaza Mayor is the heart of Hapsburg Madrid. Arco de Cuchilleros, Casa de la Panadería and the Statue of Felipe III mark this square charm.
- Puerta de Alcalá is one of the five ancient royal gates that gave access to Madrid. Its Neo-classical and three archs appearance remind of the Roman Triumphal Archs.
- The Museo Nacional del Prado is an international reference museum of European painting. Goya, Velázquez, El Greco, Rubens, Tiziano, Rembrandt and Caravaggio amongst others make up the museum collection.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Monolingual official guide.
- Entrance and guided tour to Prado Museum. Ticket is valid for 1 day, until closing time.
- Monolingual guided tour at Prado Museum.
- Individual radioguided system for Prado Museum guided tour.
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off.
- Monolingual tour: from April to October, every day in English, except on Wednesdays, which is in Spanish. From November to March: Friday and Sunday in English, Wednesday in Spanish.
- Please note that the tour ends at Prado Museum.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot. We recommend you to wear comfortable shoes.
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Prado Museum,
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / email@example.com
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show