Combine 2 Half Day tours and save money!
Madrid shows the multiple contrasts inherited through the History. You will be able to find the medieval origins of the city, like the Arabic fortress, at the Barrio de la Morería, characterized by the antiquity of its buildings and the taste of its typical restaurants. We will also cover the Hapsburg Madrid of Felipe II, with its Renaissance and Baroque buildings walking and making pictures on Calle Mayor, Plaza Mayor, and Plaza de la Villa.
Then, we will also see the Bourbon Madrid and the urban layout made by Carlos III, the Royal Palace, the Cibeles Fountain, Neptune Fountain and the Puerta de Alcalá. We will also visit the works from the kingdom of Joseph Bonaparte on the 19th century, such as Prado Museum.
We will get to know the contemporary Madrid on areas such as Gran Via, Paseo de la Castellana, Barrio Salamanca, Plaza de Castilla and Parque del Oeste, as well as the commercial and financial areas of Modern Madrid, like the emblematic Ventas Bullring or Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”! Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together.
Outside view of the Cathedral; Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del señor de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes; and panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
Madrid Highlights Tour and Toledo "The city of three cultures" from Madrid
Enjoy a double half day tour in which you will be able to know the most emblematic and pictorial places of Madrid by routes on foot and in bus. In the afternoon, we will depart to Toledo, the city of the Three Cultures. You will visit the interiors of the church of Santo Tomé, the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. The tour ends with a demonstration of the famous Damasquinados technique and a panoramic visit of the city
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture. Its north gate reminds of Paris' Notre Dame and Puerta de los Leones is rich in Hispano-Flemish sculptures.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- Plaza Mayor is the heart of Hapsburg Madrid. Arco de Cuchilleros, Casa de la Panadería and the Statue of Felipe III mark this square charm.
- The Neo-classical and three archs appearance of la Puerta de Alcalá remind of the Roman Triumphal Archs.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual Official guide.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé.
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca.
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Individual radioguided system.
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel pickup and Drop-off.
- This tour is bilingual and will be in English & Spanish
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- The second part of the tour starts at 3:00PM, please be at meeting point 15 minutes before starting.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Combine 2 Half Day tours and save money!