Choose between 1h 30 min, 2h 30 min or 3 hours tour.
Itinerary 1h 30 min: Downtown Madrid Segway Tour is our funniest and more original Madrid City Center Segway Tour. If you are new in the City and you do not know what to do or what to see in Madrid, or if you want to meet the city in a different way while you are riding one of the most innovator and clean vehicles of the world, this is your Madrid Tour. We start our route at the glamourous Plaza de Callao, known for being place of putting length and premiere of numerous movies and musicals in Spain ("what happens in Callao happens in Madrid" says its claim), to take the Gran Via, one of the most important arteries of the Madrid’s "Mile of Gold", the most important commercial and business district of Spain. Later we will cross up to get to Plaza de España, where we will meet the statue of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza, the acquaintances prominent figures of Michael de Cervantes, and to discover which was the first skyscraper of Madrid.
From the Plaza of Spain we will advance for the Paseo del Pintor Rosales to visit one of the most mysterious places of the city: Debod's Temple, an authentic temple of the Egypt of the Pharaohs that was bequeathed by the Government of Egypt to the Kingdom of Spain as a sign of gratefulness by the collaboration between both countries.
From Debod's Temple we shall leave to the amazing Plaza de Oriente, where, under the attentive look of the First Kings of Spain, we will contemplate the most beautiful royal set that groups the Royal Palace, the Royal Theatre, Sabatini's Royal Gardens and the Almudena’s Cathedral, mistress of the City of Madrid.
Itinerary 2h 30 min: There are two things that you must do when you come to Madrid: to ride a Segway and to taste the famous taps. In Madrid-Segway we make it easy inviting you to an original segway tour that includes a visit to the historical Market of San Miguel, the best place to have lids in Madrid.
We begin our route at the Gran Via, the most commercial avenue of Madrid, at the height of Plaza de Callao, main scenery of Spanish Premiers, to go down up to the Plaza de España, where we will visit the statue of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza and we will meet the first skyscraper constructed in Madrid. It will be at this moment when we will begin a trip to the past to visit the unique, mysterious and romantic Debod Temple, an authentic Egypt of the Pharaohs Temple given by the Egyptian Government as a gift to Spain and that now presides one of the most beautiful sunsets you may find in Madrid.
From there we will go to Madrid of the Austrias, where we will show you the Royal Palace of Madrid and the Almudena’s Cathedral, mistress of the city. After this experience, we will be re-putting forces visiting the Market of San Miguel, a historical jewel that has turned into the authentic Temple of Gourmet Tapas in Spain. This unique market encloses undoubtedly, between iron and crystal, the best gastronomic offer of Madrid.
After knowing the best tapas of Madrid, we will go to the Puerta del Sol of Madrid, with its mythical clock, the Bear and the Tree Statue and the Kilometer Zero, traditional Madrid Meeting Point that marks the beginning of all the Spanish roads. From there we will know one of the most well-known shopping streets of Madrid, Preciados Street that will return to us to our point of origin.
Itinerary 3 hours: Starting at Plaza de la Opera we’ll visit the most singular area of the old town with the Royal Palace, Royal Theater, Oriente Square and Almudena Cathedral. The Temple of Debod, an ancient Egyptian temple (200bc) which was dismantled and rebuilt here in 1968 placed at the Park of La Montaña, a green and quiet area from where we will enjoy of one of the best views of Madrid with "Casa de Campo" and Guadarrama Mountains.
Getting down to the river, a short visit to the newest area, we’ll cross the Segovia Bridge (1564) to come back to the old town, making a stop at San Miguel Market. After the break we’ll visit the Mayor and Santa Ana Squares. Next stops: Prado Museum (one of the most popular in the world), Neptune and Cibeles Squares with its monumental fountains and Alcala Gate (other of the great symbols of Madrid). Before coming back to Opera Square, to finish, one visit to "Km0" (Spanish beginning of all the radial roads) and "Oso y Madroño" Statue place at Puerta del Sol, the real heart of the city, always crowed and the meeting point for everyone who visit Madrid.
Madrid Segway Tour
With the Madrid Segway Tour you can enjoy 3 different tours consisting of a single tour of the center of Madrid, its monuments and historic sites. In addition, any of the three tours include the gift of a paella tapa or a typical castiza tapa at the famous San Miguel Market. Choose between Madrid Esencial & Paella (60 minutes), Madrid Centro and Paella (90 minutes) or Madrid with a tapa (150 minutes). Three tours full of history, and lots of fun!
- Gran Vía is Madrid’s most known street. Is also known as the Madrid’s Broadway for being the theatres and musicals avenue of the city.
- In Plaza de España the magnificent sculpture of Don Quijote and Sancho Panza waits for Madrid visitors. The writer Miguel de Cervantes dominates the fountain in the square’s centre.
- Mercado de San Miguel is Madrid’s culinary place where to taste the best tapas of the city. This market still keeps its original iron structure from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Bag for personal belongings
- Multilingual tour escort
- Oilskin in rainy days
- A free tapa at San Miguel Market (only with the 2hours 30 minutes tour).
- A free tapa of paella included in the options of Essential Madrid and Madrid Downtown.
- Entrances Fees
- Food and Drinks, Unless Specified
- Optional Gratuities
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-up
- This tour is bilingual and will be in the selected language and a second language.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Warm clothes are recommended in the winter in case of rain.
- Rain ponchos are available if needed.
- Helmets and child seats are available on request for free.
- It’s kindly requested to provide the customer telephone contact, with area & country code for any eventuality or additional information related to the service.
- Helmets must be worn (Madrid Segway give you one).
- Segway use is not permitted for people with recent surgery, kind of sprains or gypsums and/or pregnant women.
- Segway use is not permitted with people who wear flip flops.
- Minimum height: 135 cms // 4,4”
- Minimum age: 9 years old. Children between 9 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum weight is between 35 and 125kg.
- This tour starts at Escalinata str. nº10 – by the Plaza de Isabel II (metro Opera), at the corner of McDonald’s
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Choose between 1h 30 min, 2h 30 min or 3 hours tour.