Royal Monastery of El Escorial:
We will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, for years it had been considered the eighth wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen:
Located 9 km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honour the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 metres of altitude, where an impressive 150 metres high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range.
On the afternoon, we will depart to Toledo:
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”!
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
Itinerary in Toledo:
* Outside view of the Cathedral.
* Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del señor de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco.
* Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca.
* Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
* Shopping time at a Handcrafted typical Toledo damascene (*) and swords factory.
(*) The damascene is an ancient handcrafted art that consists of the incrustation of precious metals in steel.
Royal Monastery of El Escorial, The Valley of the Fallen & Toledo - Full Day Tour in Chinese
Combine 2 Half Day tours and save money!!! A unique day in three indispensable places: the royalty of El Escorial, the history at the Valley of the Fallen and the medieval essence of Toledo.
- The Royal Monastery of El Escorial is an architectural complex built in the 16th century. Is a ‘must see’ to visit the Hapsburg Royal Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum and the Basilica. All built following the Renaissance style.
- The Valley of the Fallen was built to commemorate the combatants who died during the Spanish Civil War. The Basílica de la Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caídos is carved into the mountain.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Chinese Guide.
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial.
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé.
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca.
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Individual radioguided system.
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot.
- Royal Monastery of El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen Basilic and St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Please, note that guiding inside the Basilica of the Valley is not allowed. The visit will be on your own.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
- Please print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / email@example.com
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Royal Monastery of El Escorial: