Day 1, Sunday – Arrive Madrid
Meet & greet with your tour director at the airport. Settle in at your hotel right in the heart of vibrant Madrid. Dinner is at leisure.
Day 2, Monday – Madrid
Sunshine, art, culture, attitude. Madrid is energy, fun and a city with a unique heart. Join a walking tour around the famous Austrias Quarter. The historical village within Madrid. Discover La Latina, Plaza Mayor and the Royal Palace. Lunch and afternoon will be at leisure. Join a welcome dinner and meet your fellow travellers. (BD)
Day 3, Tuesday – Madrid, Toledo
Choose your experience:
- Visit Toledo – Discover one of the oldest cities in the World, Toledo
- Markets and cooking class – Stay in Madrid and learn about local food and cook. Afternoon and dinner will be at your leisure.
Day 4, Wednesday – Seville
Bound for Seville, take the high speed train in Atocha Station. Don´t worry about your luggage, it´ll be taken to your next hotel. Once in Seville, join a walking tour before tasting Andalusian tapas for dinner. (BD)
Day 5, Thursday – Seville
Seville shines with southern European elegance and spark. Get amongst its architectonical treasures such as the Catedral, Alcazar and Torre del Oro. Join a cruise along the Rio Guadalquivir. Afternoon is for you to enjoy the city. (B)
Day 6, Friday – Cadiz Sanct Petri, via Jerez de la Frontera
We farewell Seville to go deep in Andalusia, Cadiz. Stop by Jerez de la Frontera, home to Spanish Sherry. Taste the character of Vino de Jerez and Jamon Iberico before heading to your next destination, Sancti Petri. Palacio Sancti Petri will be your home for the next 2 nights. An elegant Andalusian Palace just next to one of the most beautiful beaches in Spain. Dinner is at leisure. (BL)
Day 7, Saturday – El Puerto de Santa Maria & Cadiz Town
El Puerto de Santa Maria sits between Rio Guadalete and the Atlantic Ocean. A beautiful white washed village full of passion and fresh yummy fish. Join a stroll along El Puerto´s beautiful streets and taste the Vino Fino. Lunch is at your leisure. We suggest La Ribera del Marisco or Sea Food Ribiera, a street full fresh sea food terraces just in front of Rio Guadalete. Take a local boat and cross to Cadiz Town, cradle of shipping history and mythology. Dinner is at leisure. Choose between any of the 5 restaurants of your hotel (B)
Day 8, Sunday – Malaga, via Ronda
Our journey across Andalusia continues towards Malaga. We will stop in Ronda on our way. Ronda retains much of its historic charm, particularly its old town. It is famous worldwide for its dramatic escarpments and views, and for the deep El Tajo gorge. Take a look at the 18th century Puente Nuevo 'new' bridge, which straddles the 100m chasm below, before taking in the views from the Alameda out over the Serranía de Ronda Mountains. Continue to Malaga, home to Picasso and door to the Med. (BD)
Day 9, Monday – Granada
Once in Málaga, we won't miss the Pablo Ruíz Picasso Foundation Birthplace Museum, where you will discover more than 230 works by the painter. After some time at leisure for lunch, we continue to Granada, home to the 8th Wonder, La Alhambra. Join a walking discovery along the charming Albaizin, an old quarter of narrow streets and beautiful white washed houses. Dinner will be at Templo del Flamenco, without a doubt, the most authentic cave to enjoy real flamenco in Granada. (BD)
Day 10, Tuesday – Granada
Alhambra awaits. The name Alhambra comes from an Arabic root which means "red or crimson castle" and it was an "alcazaba" (fortress), an "alcázar" (palace) and a small "medina" (city), all in one. After noon will be at your leisure to enjoy this magic city of Granada. Dinner will be at Juan Ranas, with an incredible setting on the hills of Albaizin and spectacular views to the Alhambra. (BD)
Day 11, Wednesday – Ubeda, via Jaen
As we travel along Southern Spain, we will immerse ourselves in Olive Oli Land, Jaen.
Endless Olive groves and almazaras are the main component of this stunning part of Andalusia and Spain. We stop in Jaen to visit the historical set and fascinating Castle. We continue to Ubeda, UNESCO World Heritage site, where we will stay the famous Parador the next 2 nights. (BD)
Day 12, Thursday – Ubeda, Baeza
Nothing better than to take advantage of the visit to these lands of Renaissance reminiscences discovering the fascinating world of olive oil, from the field to the table. Enjoy a walk through wonderful olive groves, discover the secrets of an oil mill and learn how to taste the oil to perceive all its nuances. In the evening we will start a very special guided tour of the city of Úbeda, where we will explore aspects and images that the night gives us. Lastly, we will finish at one of the most important restaurants in the province, such as the Antique Restaurant, to taste some of the most significant recipes of the gastronomy of Jaen at first hand. (BL)
Day 13, Friday – Valencia, via Alcala del Jucar
We farewell Andalusia and cross Castilla bound for Valencia. We will visit Alcala del Jucar on the way, one of the most picturesque little towns in Spain. Their houses of popular architecture, excavated in the mountain, adapt to the terrain in narrow and steep streets, climbing towards the Castle that looks out at the sickle that forms at its feet the river.
Relax at your hotel in Valencia. Dinner is at leisure. (B)
Day 14, Saturday – Valencia
Today we will discover the historic centre of Valencia and its culture. An important part of Valencia´s culture is the gastronomy, being home to most international Spanish dish, Paella. Hands on deck paella cooking experience with paring wines is awaiting for lunch with previous visit to Mercado Central. The afternoon is for you to enjoy your own time. (BL)
Day 15, Sunday – Barcelona, via Tarragona
Our journey continues through the Spanish Mediterranean coast bound for the vanguard city of Barcelona. We will stop in Tarragona for a quick visit of the impressive Amphitheatre Romà, a 2nd-century arena facing the Mediterranean Sea. Once in Barcelona, we´ll check in our centrally located hotel. A farewell dinner is ready to farewell our fellow travellers. (BD)
Day 16, Depart Barcelona
Our journey concludes today after the transfer to the airport – Two weeks travelling across Spain and discovering its fascinating deep culture. (B)
Dine at Parador Gibralfaro´s terrace with stunning views of Malaga, visit Picasso Foundation Birthplace Museum among many other unique experiences
- Small Groups with a maximum of 18 participants.
- Cooking classes in Madrid and Valencia
- Morning cruise along the Rio Guadalquivir
- Visit the impressive Amfiteatre Romà in Tarragona
- Dine at Parador Gibralfaro´s terrace with stunning views of Malaga
- Spanish Sherry wine tasting in Jerez de la Frontera
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Accommodation as advised in previous section “Accommodation”
- Porterage service in all hotels
- Meals as per itinerary (drinks not included)
- City tours and experiences with local guides as per itinerary
- All entrance fees included as per itinerary
- English speaking tour director throughout the journey
- Luxury mini coach throughout the journey
- Travel insurance
- Any other service not specified.
- Due to the insurance included on this tour, all bookings must include for each passenger, without exception, the following data at the moment of reservation: Name / Surname / Passport / ID / Nationality. Reservations cannot be formalized without providing all the required information
- Please note that 1 regular suitcase and 1 handbag per person is allowed
- Any extra luggage is likely to be charged
- Luggage handling is responsability of the customer
- Accommodation in Superior Plus A Class:
- Madrid – RIU Plaza de España or similar, 3 nights
- Sevilla – Hospes Casa del Rey de Baeza or similar, 2 nights
- El Puerto de Santa Maria – Gran Melia Sancti Petri or similar, 2 nights
- Malaga – NH Malaga or similar, 1 night
- Granada – Melia Granada or similar, 2 nights
- Ubeda – Parador de Jaen or similar, 2 nights
- Valencia – Hospes Palau de la Mar or similar, 2nights
- Barcelona – Catalonia Ramblas or similar, 1 night
- Cancellation policy:
- 15% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 21 and 10 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 25% penalty if the cancellation occurs between 9 and 5 days before the departure of the circuit.
- 100% penalty if cancellation takes place less than 4 days before the departure of the circuit or in case of No-Show.
- Meet and greet at the airport
- Please provide flight details at least 7 days prior departure
Day 1, Sunday – Arrive Madrid