Introduction and general information
- This text presents the general contracting terms and conditions (hereinafter, the “General Terms and Conditions“) that will govern the online contracting procedure offered by JULIA TRAVEL, S.L.U. (hereinafter, “JT“), the details of which are set out below in the section “Identification of the parties“. The provision of the services contracted through these General Terms and Conditions will be carried out directly by JT in some cases and in other cases by one or more local operators, which will be obliged to execute that contracted (hereinafter, the “Operators“).
- The user or customer (hereinafter, the “User” or “Customer”) is informed of these General Contracting Terms and Conditions, which were made known to the User before the start of the contracting process.
- By way of these General Terms and Conditions, the User is informed that JT may, at any time and without prior notice, modify the contents of these General Terms and Conditions and of any specific term and condition that may exist.
- Process for making the purchase and executing the contract:
- Booking: on the website you must select the product type desired, enter the details requested in terms of the day in which the excursion will take place and the number of people and then click “Book”. A screen will open with the summary of the purchase you are going to make and its price. When you click on the “Add to cart” button, a new tab will open for you to enter your personal details. Once you have entered them, and after clicking “Proceed with the payment”, you will have to complete the bank details and confirm the payment. When these steps are properly completed, the contracting process will be completed.
- Storage and accessibility of the electronic document: we will archive the electronic document where the contract is formalised. You may access the document, which will be sent to you if you send an e-mail to the contact address shown in the clause: “Identification of the parties”.
- Identification and correction of errors in the data entered: our registration procedure lets you check and correct any mistakes before finalising your registration. After completing the contracting process, you will be able to call the number shown on weekdays (except local bank holidays) from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, or send an email to the contact address shown in the clause: “Identification of the parties,” to request that the relevant data be corrected.
Identification of the parties
- This contract is offered by JT, with Tax ID No. B29045895, domiciled at Calle Puerto de Used 20, (28031-Madrid), and registered in the Commercial Register of Madrid in volume 9,011, folio 32, section 8, sheet M-113,725. If you wish to contact JT, our telephone number staffed on weekdays (except local bank holidays) is +34 934 026 900 and our email address is [email protected].
- The User is the purchaser of the tourist products offered on the website (hereinafter, the “Products“) for use in the various cities available on the website. Users must be 18 years of age or older and be fully capable of entering into a binding contract.
- The purpose of the General Terms and Conditions is to determine the legal conditions applicable to the online sale process of the Products between JT and the User (hereinafter, the “Services“).
Characteristics of the Products
- Users can electronically purchase the various tourist Products that JT makes available for the purposes of providing the services contracted. A description of each service, as well as the prices and rates, will be provided once the desired product is selected and clicked on.
- When a Product is booked, a voucher will be downloaded electronically that will provide access to the Services offered by the Operator. The Products and Services made available to the User will not represent any risk to their health or safety or to the environment, except for those usually admitted under normal and foreseeable conditions of use for this type of services.
- Check the specific policies for each Product in the file for each specific product available on our website.
Price and availability
- The products show the final full price thereof and detail any taxes and any other additional expenses that may be applicable, as well as any discounts applicable and any supplements or eventual increases corresponding to complementary or special operations. Drawing up a prior estimate is not required.
- We make every effort to offer precise and complete information about the Product. JT publishes the most up-to-date information possible on the various products available.
- JT may change the Product prices as it deems necessary. As a result, the User, when accessing websites showing the prices of the JT products, must make sure that these are the most recent websites and not an older version stored in the browser’s cache.
- When a booking and the associated payment are made, the User is assumed to consent to the offer made by JT, and the contract will be deemed finalised, without the User waiving their rights with regard to the future suitability in the provision of the services.
- Once the User clicks on the “Yes, I confirm the payment” button, the booking will be binding upon them. JT will email to the User within the next twenty-four (24) hours a confirmation of the booking, informing the User that the booking is being processed and containing the details of the contract entered into.
- If there are any problems or questions, JT provides the following contact possibilities:
- Telephone number: 933176454, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on weekdays, except local bank holidays.
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal address: calle Puerto de Used 20, (28031-Madrid).
- We accept payment by credit card.
- Once the payment has been made, the User may request a copy of the contract, as well as an invoice or receipt for the payments made. These will include the provider’s individual or corporate and tax ID, their postal code, the amount paid, and the concept for and the date in which the payment was made.
Contract execution and duration
- Once the booking process has been completed and paid in full, the User may enjoy the Services acquired in the terms and conditions they were contracted.
- This contract will remain in effect for as long as both parties have commitments to fulfil under said contract.
- This contract covers services related to leisure activities, the execution period of which is specified in the request confirmation email.
- The booking and its respective contract can be formalised in the following languages: Spanish and English. In the absence of an explicit request by any of the parties, they will be formalised in Spanish.
- Opening hours: They may vary according to the location; they must be checked on the website, the information of which will be continuously updated.
- JT is an independent intermediary between the User and the Operators of the contracted services. In the event of a problem, the User must contact JT so that it may take the appropriate actions. The Operators or JT will be responsible for the correct execution of the contacted services, the User holding JT harmless against any claim.
- JT will make official complaint forms available to Users upon request, as well as, where applicable, provide online forms in order to facilitate them exercising their legal rights.
- Each contracted service has its own cancellation policy. Most of the services allow Users to exercise their right of withdrawal as of the booking’s confirmation up to 24-48 hours before they are provided. However, each contracted service must be reviewed individually, as its file will detail the cancellation conditions applicable in each case.
- A No-show on the day and time stipulated in the contracted service will be considered for all purposes as a cancellation of the service “in situ” and in consequence the cancellation policy of less than 24 hours in advance will be applied. No refund of the amount paid or request for changes in the service will be possible.
- In the event of withdrawal, the amount paid by the User for the booking will be refunded.
- As an exception, JT may refund the purchase price in the following cases:
- Serious interruption of the service due to road closures
- Confirmed faults in our system
- Trip cancellation due to air strikes or natural disasters that impede travelling during the purchase period
- Cancellation of the Services provision due to an exceptional event caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
Intellectual and industrial property rights
- All intellectual and industrial property rights or any other similar used or incorporated in relation to the Service are the property of or licensed to JT or the Operators.
- Reproduction, distribution, public communication, editing and transformation of the Product is prohibited.
Exclusion of Liability
- JT disclaims all liability that may arise from the improper use by Users of its website and the online purchasing process.
- It also disclaims all liability for any potential harm caused by third parties and that are not attributable to JT.
- JT will not be liable for any interruptions, delays, errors or malfunctions in the services, or in general for any other inconveniences that are caused for reasons beyond the control of JT and/or that are due to the user’s malice or negligence, and/or that result from force majeure or acts of God.
- In case of abandonment or loss of the group during the course of an excursion/circuit for reasons not attributable to the organization, the client will not be entitled to a refund of the part not participated in, nor will the organization be responsible for any expenses incurred thereafter.
- Any links or hyperlinks shown that are external to JT are for information purposes only and are beyond the control of JT, which will not be liable for the information contained therein.
- If any of the clauses in these General Terms and Conditions is deemed void or inapplicable, this will not affect the remaining clauses, which will remain valid.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- In those cases where the law allows the parties to submit to a jurisdiction, both parties agree to submit to the courts and tribunals of the town/city corresponding to the User’s domicile or where the services are provided by JT, at JT’s choice. If the regulation provides for selecting the applicable laws, both parties will expressly renounce any other jurisdictions to which they may be entitled and subject themselves to Spanish law.
Conflict resolution mechanisms via out-of-court systems
- The following link to the European Union’s online dispute resolution platform is made available to users: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.home2.show