Las ventas, more than a "Fiesta"!
Welcome to Madrid bullring, the Plaza Monumental de las Ventas del Espíritu Santo, the international centre of bullfighting.
On your visit you will discover a place which is emblematic of the heart and soul of tauromaquia, where the world’s finest matadors present their artistry and skill.
Inaugurated in 1931, the bullring was designed by architect José Espeliú and consists of a metal structure with a brick façade in the style of Neo-Moorish design.
The bullring is decorated with ceramic tiling as well as 52 glazed plaques which hold the shields of every province of Spain, the work of architect Manuel Muñoz Monasterio. During the tour we will guide you around the key parts of the bullring, from the main entrance, to the "tendidos", the
"callejon", and various significant gate ways, describing the three protagonists of this magnificent spectacle: the audience, the bullfighter and the bull, in order to explain the Fiesta to a global audience.
The Bullfighting Museum of Madrid is located at the “Patio de Caballos” in an emblematic section of the building and it includes a collection depicting the history of bullfighting in Spain. Among its works we can find engravings from the tauromachy of Goya, bullfighters dresses from the twentieth century, a section devoted exclusively to Manolete and a large testimonial sample of the birth of the historic Las Ventas bullring.
LANGUAGES: Las Ventas Tour Audio guide in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese; Bullfighting Museum of Madrid audioguide in English, Spanish, French and Italian.
Las Ventas Tour Bullring and Bullfighting Museum
Visit the Las Ventas Bullring, the largest bullring in Spain. Learn about the great historic significance of the venue, declared a Historic-Artistic Site in 1994. Enter the Bullfighting Museum of Madrid and admire its vast collection. Enjoy several virtual reality points during the tour and recreate different moments of the San Isidro Fair. Feel like a true bullfighter in an innovative virtual Bullfighting Game
- The Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas is the reference of bullfighting in the world. The best bullfights are celebrated in this ‘plaza de toros’.
- The main entrance, the ‘tendidos’ and the ‘callejón’ are the key places of any bullring, especially prestigious at Madrid’s bullring.
- The Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas is the biggest bullring in Spain and where fight a bull is the dream of every bullfighter.
- Entrance to Las Ventas Tour Audio guide
- Virtual bullfighting
- San Isidro Fair Virtual Reality 360º
- Entrance to Bullfighting Museum of Madrid Audio guide
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Las Ventas Tour Audio guide in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese.
- Bullfighting Museum of Madrid audioguide in English, Spanish, French and Italian.
- This tour may be modified in the case of bullfighting and non-bullfighting events, as well as in the case of Works and Maintenance of the Bullring. In this case, the visitor will be informed when entering the Tour or at the box office when exchanging the voucher.
- Print your voucher and go directly to Las Ventas bullring at Alcalá st. nº237, Madrid. E-Voucher not accepted
- Las Ventas opening hours are from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm excepted Bullfight days, from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm (Special opening hours: every sunday from March to October; San Isidro Fair from 1st May to 8th June; Autumn Fair from 2nd to 5th October and 12nd October)
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 96 05 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Las ventas, more than a "Fiesta"!