In this full day excursion you will start by visiting the Cathedral of Toledo, followed by the Church of Santo Tomé, the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz.
Once the visits are over, you will enjoy a demonstration of the famous Damasquinados technique. The tour will end with a panoramic visit of the city of Toledo with a stop at a viewpoint to take the best pictures of the city.
In addition, if you wish, you will be able to enjoy a pleasant lunch to choose between three gastronomic options
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture. Its north gate reminds of Pari’s Notre Dame and Puerta de los Leones is rich in Hispano-Flemish sculptures.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- El Puente de San Martín is a medieval bridge over the Tagus River. Is one of the city’s most characteristic postcards for its two fortified towers.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Monolingual or Bilingual official guide (depending on the season).
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé.
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca.
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz.
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo.
- Individual radioguided system.
- Touristic Lunch or Gastronomic Lunch (If Option Selected).
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Optional lunch available (for more information check Itinerary section).
- From 1st April to 31st October 2019: This tour is monolingual and is available in English and Spanish.
- From 1st November 2019 to 31st March 2020: This tour is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Children under 6 years old are free. Lunch and consumptions not included.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de España.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also home to the great painter El Greco.
Including the visit to the Cathedral of Toledo. Its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.). You will also visit the Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca; the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz; and at the end of the tour, we will enjoy learning about the famous technique of damascene* (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and the forge of the steel of Toledo for making swords after this master class you have free time to buy something if you want. The tour will end with a Panoramic Sightseeing of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint with breathtaking views of the city for taking the best pictures of Toledo.
(*) The damascene is an ancient handcrafted art that consists of the incrustation of precious metals in steel.
There is 3 lunch different options for this tour:
- tour without Lunch.
- Tour with Touristic Lunch:First Course: Vegetable and Vegetables Cream, Stew to La Riojana, Castilian soup, Mediterranean Salad (Summer), Ensalada Mediterránea (Verano), Salmorejo with crispy ham (Summer) Main Course: Roast Beef a la Jardinera, Stewed bull tail with Baker´s Paw, Chicken and vegetable Paella Valenciana. Dessert and beverages: House ice cream with fruit salad, Mineral water included.
- Tour with Gastronomic Lunch: First course:Spanish Soup Cup,Salmorejo cup (Summer), Homemade Croquette, Ratatouille Tartlet, Omelet with triguero, Garlic mushrooms, Manchego cheese. Main course:Roast lamb with Apple and baking potato, Roast suckling pig with Apple and potato, Grilled cod with turning potato. Dessert and beverages: House cake, Mineral wáter included, Wine and coffee.
- Vegetarian Menu is available on-request.